Day 1: Arrival Uganda Entebbe
Arrive Entebbe International Airport and transfer to the idyllic Cassia Lodge Kampala or similar. Depending on your time of arrival you may choose to acquaint yourself with the capital. Dinner and overnight in the lodge.
Day 2: Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast depart for Queen Elizabeth National Park via Fort Portal. Packed Lunch stopover at Nakaima Tree (The 'Witch Tree') 2 Km from Mubende town. Nakaima was the wife of Ndahura the first Mucwezi king of the empire of Kitara. When the Bacwezi disappeared and became revered through the Bacwezi cult, Nakaima became her husband's intermediary. You are welcomed by game as you transfer to your accommodations for dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge or similar.
Day 3: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Early morning breakfast before a guided game drive in time to catch the sunrise and lions returning from hunting, Hyena, buffalo, Elephant, Antelope and the rare Giant Forest hog. After lunch, be in time for afternoon launch cruise along Kazinga channel. View scores of hippo, buffalo, and elephant and plenty of birdlife including African Jacana, Goliath Heron, and Pink backed and White pelican, Egyptian Geese and the rare Shoe bill. Return late evening to the lodge. Relax Poolside or at the lounge. Before retiring. Dinner and Overnight at Mweya Safari lodge or similar lodge
Day 4: Kyambura Gorge Chimp Tracking, Return To Kampala
After breakfast, head to he steep Kyambura gorge for Chimp tracking. Formed by the turbulent waters of the roaring Kyambura River,the underground forest stretches 16 Km long and 100 metres deep.. It provides a luxuriant riparian forest, home to chimps, Red tailed, Vervet, Black and White colobus monkeys, olive baboons and giant Forest hog. Continue to Kampala exiting at Katunguru gate via Mbarara for lunch stopover. Do not forget to stop at the Equator for crafts & curios and memorable photos at the centre of the world. Check in at Cassia Lodge Kampala for Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Last Day in Kampala
Depending on flight time you may want to shop for souvenirs in Kampala or visit The Uganda Museum, crafts village for souvenirs or the ruins of Kasubi tombs the largest grass thatched mausoleum in East Africa and burial grounds of the Buganda kings since 1884.Have a sumptuous lunch in Kampala or Entebbe before Departure.
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary