DAY 1: NAIROBI
Arriving at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Transfer to your Nairobi Hotel Comfort Inn on Bed and Breakfast. Dinner and overnight in the hotel.
DAY 2: NAIROBI - SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
Approximately 343 north east of Nairobi lays the Samburu and Buffalo Springs National Reserves. A drive through the Rift Valley and the highlands takes you to this reserves which are unparallel in Kenya for the number and diversity of its game. After lunch, time to relax before heading out on a game viewing drive. Dinner and overnight at the Samburu Serena Lodge on Full Board basis.
DAY 3: SAMBURU AND BUFFALO SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK RESERVES
Morning and afternoon game drives are provided. Among the wildlife are the various antelopes and all the Big Five (i.e. Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Rhino and Buffalo). All the meals and overnight at the Samburu Serena Lodge.
DAY 4: SAMBURU – LAKE NAIVASHA
After breakfast, proceed to Lake Naivasha arriving in time for lunch. You can take a boat ride in this spectacular only fresh water lake in the Rift Valley or visit the nearby Hell’s Gate National Park in Kenya. The only park that you can go by bike or on foot. Lake Naivasha is truly an ornithologist's paradise with more 300 species of birds. Dinner and overnight at the Lake Naivasha Sarova Lodge(Full Board).
DAY 5: LAKE NAIVASHA - MAASAI MARA
Awoken by the most natural alarm clock (birdlife) for breakfast then the unforgettable journey to Maasai Mara Game Reserve via Narok and Olkurruk, where the Maasai culture is displayed by the Oloo Lolo Maasai Cultural Association and thereafter into the Maasai Mara Game Reserve. Being the northern stretch of the world famous Serengeti National park, it is the scene of the teeming wildebeest and zebra migration. On arrival relax by the pool. Afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Mara Fig Tree Camp.
DAY 6: MAASAI MARA
Morning and afternoon game drives are provided. Among the wildlife seen are wildebeest, black rhino, cheetah, giraffe, elephant, great herds of antelope and fascinating primates such as the red-tailed monkey. Game drives in open land rovers and bush walks with excellent resident guides and naturalists reveal the wonders of the Mara in an interpretative experience for you. All meals and overnight at Mara Fig Tree Camp.
DAY 7: MAASAI MARA - KISUMU
Depart early from Maasai Mara after breakfast via Lolgorien, Kilgoris, Sondu and into Kisumu City to check in at Kiboko Bay Beach Resort for dinner and overnight. BB basis.
DAY 8: KISUMU - KOGELO - KIT MIKAYE - KISUMU
After an early breakfast from Kisumu, depart to Siaya District, Nyang'oma Division, Kogelo Village to visit the Kenyan home of the President of the United States of America, His Excellency President Barrack Hussein Obama. We will get to interact with the people in the home including his Grand Mother, Mama Sarah Obama who may be very busy for us as she has been appointed as an envoy as a goodwill ambassador against malnutration by Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro - Algae Spirulina Against Malnutration (IIMAM) and the surrounding. We will have time to visit the graveyard of Obama snr. After this visit, you will then depart to "Kit Mikaye" (in the local Luo language the Stone of the "first wife") Kenya’s most dramatic archaeological site, a vast granite rock tower. The stone is about 70 to 80 ft tall and is located 30 kms Far East of Kisumu city and 1 km from Kisumu Bondo road. The legend has it that long time ago, there was an old man by the name Ngeso who was fascinated with this Stone as every morning he could climb into the cave and stay there meditating the whole day. When his wife was asked where the old man was, she could reply that he was with the "first wife" hence the Stone of the first wife. Over the years this place has become holy and many people go there for prayers and seek cleansing. You will get more stories on site through a local guide and also you will get to know the attachment of this Stone to the Luo Tribe which is the tribe of Obama senior. After this intriguing adventure, you will drive back to Kisumu time allowing you could enjoy optionally boat ride at an extra cost. Dinner and overnight at Kiboko Bay Resort.
DAY 9: KISUMU - KERICHO - NAIROBI
After breakfast in your accommodation in Kisumu, you depart to Kericho for tea plantation tour before you proceed to Nairobi arriving in the evening to end your holiday.
The rest of the days in Nairobi can be spent with an option to:
* see traditional dancers at the Bomas of Kenya,
* visit the nearby Nairobi National Park,
* visit the Karen Blixen Museum,
* see the animals at the orphanage/Nairobi safari walk,
* shop in the bustling metropolis of the city.
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary