Day 1: Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Leave Nairobi at approximately 0800 hours for Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Laikipia. You will arrive in time for lunch. In the late afternoon you will proceed on an afternoon game viewing drive before returning for lunch, dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Sweetwaters Tented Camp
Day 2&3: Samburu & Buffalo Springs National Reserves
After breakfast, you will be driven to the Northern Frontier Great National Reserves of Kenya – Samburu & Buffalo Springs National Reserves where you will have the opportunity of exploring some of Kenya’s very unique wildlife and birdlife as well as landscape. You will depart Nairobi with picnic lunch, arrive at your lodge, check in, and relax before departing for your first game viewing drive. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
On the third day you will experience an early game viewing drive and evening on the next day.
Accommodation: Samburu Simba Lodge
Day 4: Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast we travel to Lake Nakuru National Park with a visit to Lake Bogoria en-route to experience the it’s Hot Springs and the geysers. Here we spend a delightful day exploring the extra ordinary bird life for which Lake Nakuru is internationally renowned. This is the ultimate ornithologist’s paradise with over 450 species of birds. Apart from its thousands and sometimes millions of flamingos nesting along the shores, the surface of the shallow lake is often hard to recognize due to the continually shifting mass of pink. The number of flamingoes on the lake varies with water and food conditions and the best vantage point is from Baboon Cliff.
Accommodation: Lake Nakuru Lodge
Lake Nakuru houses Kenya’s first rhino sanctuary and one of the largest concentrations of black rhinoceros in the world a large population of white rhino. The park features the picturesque Malaika Waterfalls. Also of interest is an area of 188 km around the lake fenced off as a sanctuary to protect Rothschild giraffes. Among predators are lion, leopard and large pythons hiding in the dense woodlands which may occasionally be seen crossing roads or dangling from trees. Others game include Thomson’s and Grant gazelle, the long- eared leaf-nosed bat, colobus monkey, rock hyrax, hippo, and waterbuck; Impala, striped hyena, bat-eared fox, wildcat, reedbuck and golden cat.
Day 5 & 6: Masai Mara National Reserve
This remarkable day takes you to the Maasai Mara Reserve and into the domain of the Maasai, Kenya's cattle-herding nomads determined to preserve their traditions. The Mara is magnificent, home to Kenya's richest concentration of wildlife, and regarded by many travelers as an essential stop on any tour of Africa. When westerners think of Africa and safari, this is place they imagine - golden grassland plains pocked with acacia, wildebeests, zebras, lions, and jackals bound by together by the cycle of life and death. Three days here will only scratch at the surface of the wonders of the Mara.
Morning and afternoon game drives will lead you to some of Africa's largest lion prides, herds of zebra, antelopes, buffaloes, wildebeest, giraffes, cheetahs, and hyenas. Accommodations include en suite restroom facilities and secluded verandahs. In between game drives, lounge at the pool or bar, or enjoy a mid-day nap.
Accommodation: Mara Sarova Camp
Day 7-9: Mombasa
An early morning game drive is followed by a breakfast feast. You will be transferred to Nairobi where you will board your flight to Malindi where you will be met upon arriving and transferred to the Serena Beach Resort where you will be staying in your entire beach stay. Indulge in the activities to be found at the Beach as well as the town activities and attractions in your days here.
On the last day you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Nairobi where you will connect with your outbound departing flight.
Accommodation: Serena Beach Resort
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary