DAY 1: NAIROBI
Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi. Pick up by our courtesy bus to hotel. Dinner and overnight at the Nairobi Serena Hotel.
DAY 2: NAIROBI - SAMBURU GAME RESERVE
Approximately 343 km North East of Nairobi lies the Samburu and Buffalo Springs National Reserves. A drive through the Rift Valley and the highlands takes you to this reserves which are unparalled in Kenya for the number and diversity of its game. After lunch, time to relax before heading out on a game viewing drive. Dinner and overnight at the Samburu Serena Lodge.
DAY 3: SAMBURU AND BUFFALO SPRINGS NATIONAL PARK RESERVES.
Morning and afternoon game drives are provided. Among the wildlife are the various antelopes and all the Big Five (i.e Elephant, Lion, Leopard, Rhino and Buffalo). All the meals and overnight at the Samburu Serena Lodge.
DAY 4: SAMBURU - ABERDARES NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, depart for Nyeri arriving in time for lunch. For clients staying at Treetops Hotel lunch is served at the Outspan Hotel and for those staying at the Ark, lunch is served at the Aberdare Country Club. After lunch, a transfer is provided to either Treetops or the Ark, which are strategically situated for night game viewing. Dinner and overnight at Treetops/Ark.
DAY 5: ABERDARES(TREETOPS) - LAKE NAKURU
After breakfast, proceed to Lake Nakuru arriving in time for lunch. An afternoon game drive takes us round the Lake; home of the famous pink flamingo. Lake Nakuru is truly an ornithologist's paradise. Dinner and overnight at the Lake Nakuru Lodge or Sarova Lion Hill.
DAY 7: MAASAI MARA
Morning and afternoon game drives are provided. Among the wildlife seen are wildebeest, black rhino, cheetah, giraffe, elephant, great herds of antelope and fascinating primates such as the red-tailed monkey. Game drives in open land rovers and bush walks with excellent resident guides and naturalists reveal the wonders of the Mara in an interpretative experience for you. All meals and overnight at Sopa Lodge.
DAY 8 : MAASAI MARA - NAIROBI
Depart early for Nairobi via Narok and ascend the escarpment to the Central Highlands.
A full day is spent in Nairobi with an option to:
* see traditional dancers at the Bomas of Kenya,
* visit the nearby Nairobi National Park,
* visit the Karen Blixen Museum and the ostrich farm,
* see the animals at the orphanage or
* shop in the bustling metropolis of the city.
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary