Day 1: Lake Baringo National Park
Leave Nairobi at approximately 0800 hours for Lake Baringo arriving in time for lunch at Lake Baringo Hotel. Lunch, Dinner and overnight will be at Lake Baringo Hotel. In the afternoon you will enjoy a boat ride that will have you explore the marine life as well as stunning landscape.
Accommodation: Lake Baringo Hotel
Day 2: Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast we travel to Lake Nakuru National Park with a visit to Lake Bogoria en-route to experience the it’s Hot Springs and the geysers. Here we spend a delightful day exploring the extra ordinary bird life for which Lake Nakuru is internationally renowned. This is the ultimate ornithologist’s paradise with over 450 species of birds. Apart from its thousands and sometimes millions of flamingos nesting along the shores, the surface of the shallow lake is often hard to recognize due to the continually shifting mass of pink. The number of flamingoes on the lake varies with water and food conditions and the best vantage point is from Baboon Cliff.
Accommodation: Lake Nakuru Lodge
Lake Nakuru houses Kenya’s first rhino sanctuary and one of the largest concentrations of black rhinoceros in the world a large population of white rhino. The park features the picturesque Malaika Waterfalls. Also of interest is an area of 188 km around the lake fenced off as a sanctuary to protect Rothschild giraffes. Among predators are lion, leopard and large pythons hiding in the dense woodlands which may occasionally be seen crossing roads or dangling from trees. Others game include Thomson’s and Grant gazelle, the long- eared leaf-nosed bat, colobus monkey, rock hyrax, hippo, and waterbuck; Impala, striped hyena, bat-eared fox, wildcat, reedbuck and golden cat.
Day 3 & 4: Masai Mara National Reserve
This remarkable day takes you to the Maasai Mara Reserve and into the domain of the Maasai, Kenya's cattle-herding nomads determined to preserve their traditions. The Mara is magnificent, home to Kenya's richest concentration of wildlife, and regarded by many travelers as an essential stop on any tour of Africa. When westerners think of Africa and safari, this is place they imagine - golden grassland plains pocked with acacia, wildebeests, zebras, lions, and jackals bound by together by the cycle of life and death. Three days here will only scratch at the surface of the wonders of the Mara.
Morning and afternoon game drives will lead you to some of Africa's largest lion prides, herds of zebra, antelopes, buffaloes, wildebeest, giraffes, cheetahs, and hyenas. Accommodations include en suite restroom facilities and secluded verandahs. In between game drives, lounge at the pool or bar, or enjoy a mid-day nap.
Accommodation: Mara Sopa Lodge
Day 6 - Nairobi City
An early morning game drive is followed by a breakfast feast. We leave when you're ready. In the evening we chauffeur you to the airport and bid you bon voyage as you catch your flight home.
Optional Extensions: Beach Vacation in Mombasa or Zanzibar. Additional days in Nairobi to visit places of interest
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary