Day 1 & 2: Samburu National Reserve
After breakfast, you will be driven to the Northern Frontier Great National Reserves of Kenya – Samburu & Buffalo Springs National Reserves where you will have the opportunity of exploring some of Kenya’s very unique wildlife and birdlife as well as landscape. You will depart Nairobi with picnic lunch, arrive at your lodge, check in, and relax before departing for your first game viewing drive. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Enjoy an early game viewing drive and evening on the next day.
Accommodation: Samburu Simba Lodge
Day 3: Aberdares National Park
Leave Nairobi Samburu after breakfast and drive to Aberdares National Park. Have lunch at Outspan Golf Resort before you are transferred at 2.30p.m to Treetops Lodge. Game watching will be from the lodge’s balcony and your room.
Accommodation: Treetops Lodge
Day 4: Lake Naivasha
After breakfast we travel to Lake Naivasha. Here we spend a delightful day exploring the extra ordinary bird life for which Lake Naivasha is renowned. This is the ultimate ornithologist’s paradise with over 450 species of birds.
Accommodation: Lake Naivasha Country Club
Day 5 & 6: Masai Mara National Reserve
This remarkable day takes you to the Maasai Mara Reserve and into the domain of the Maasai, Kenya's cattle-herding nomads determined to preserve their traditions. The Mara is magnificent, home to Kenya's richest concentration of wildlife, and regarded by many travelers as an essential stop on any tour of Africa. When westerners think of Africa and safari, this is place they imagine - golden grassland plains pocked with acacia, wildebeests, zebras, lions, and jackals bound by together by the cycle of life and death. Three days here will only scratch at the surface of the wonders of the Mara.
Morning and afternoon game drives will lead you to some of Africa's largest lion prides, herds of zebra, antelopes, buffaloes, wildebeest, giraffes, cheetahs, and hyenas. Accommodations include en suite restroom facilities and secluded verandahs. In between game drives, lounge at the pool or bar, or enjoy a mid-day nap.
Accommodation: Mara Sopa Lodge
Day 7-13: Watamu
An early morning game drive is followed by a breakfast feast. You will be transferred to Nairobi where you will board your flight to Malindi where you will be met upon arriving and transferred to the Ocean Sports Hotel where you will be staying in your entire beach stay. Indulge in the activities to be found at Watamu Beach.
Accommodation: Ocean Sports Hotel
INCLUDED IN THIS SAFARI
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals. Each day generally includes Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner buffets consisting of both western and local dishes. You will be booked on a Half Board Basis in Serena Beach Resort.
- Transportation in a minivan fitted with a pop-up roof for game-viewing and photography.
- Every passenger is guaranteed a window seat.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Twenty-four hours stand-by contact telephone number
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services.
- Between meal snacks, additional entrance fees to reserves, parks, attractions, and events not included in your itinerary